Tuesday, June 30, 2009

One step forward..

We took one step forward and two steps back. Yes, Ellie did go "poo poo" in the potty so we took her to her favorite store...Dollar tree and told her she could pick out a "prizey".:) She proudly announced to the entire store that she gets bubbles and a baby doll because she went poo poo on the potty! However, right after we checked out she went poo in her panties...I'm not going to lie, I was very frustrated with her! I did let her keep her "prizeys" because she did earn them, but the potty training adventures do continue. Who knew it would be so hard to potty train such a smart little girl??! I have offered to make her "cupacakes" if she will go poo poo in the potty and she still hasn't claimed her prize. If cupcakes won't motivate her I don't know what will!!

Now for a cute Ellie story. Yesterday we had gone outside to play and when we came back inside I heard her talking to someone. So I asked her who she was talking to and she said "Jesus". Then she yelled out "Jesus, come back...please come outside and play with me!" It was the sweetest thing ever! This is a perfect example of "childlike faith".

But we can't forget about the adorable Olivia, or "Ollie" as Matt would say. She has turned into a thumb sucker and it is so sweet! She is my little cuddle bug!

4 comments:

  1. Oh sweetheart...can't wait to see lil Livvy suck her thumb...it brings back such memories of our first 3 babies. Love the stories...your girls are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a genius and will go when she's ready!! :) Though I am surprised she's been able to resist cupacakes. :)

    And poor Ollie...I love that she's a thumbsucker!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha! What a business woman Ellie is . . .she got her prizey so the deal was off. She outsmarted the system! And lil' Ollie . . .love the thumbsucking. They are both dolls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing! We love your blogs! :)
    And We love all of you very much,
    Gram and Chuck :)

    ReplyDelete