Monday, July 20, 2009

Childlike Faith

I am very behind on "Ellie sayings" because I haven't had much access to a computer lately so I wanted to share one that really stuck out to me.

Every time we lay Ellie down for a nap or bedtime we sit next to her and pray together. A few of the things I always pray for is that God will give her peace, sweet dreams and let nothing awaken or disturb her. Yesterday when I went to leave her room she said "someone's in here". I stopped to talk to her about it because I thought she was saying this out of fear. But when I asked her what she meant she said "God is sitting right there" and pointed to the black bean bag chair that we always sit on to pray with her. This is how our conversation went from here:

Me: "What is God doing?"
Ellie: "God is sitting right there, in that chair"
Me: "Is he just sitting there?"
Ellie: "No, he is sleeping...for forty days"

Oh how this child never ceases to amuse me!:)

I lied, I am going to tell two Ellie stories. We went to the library on Friday morning for story time. After story time was over Ellie was hanging out on the floor where all the kids were making crafts and Olivia was in her car seat. Another little girl came over and was about to touch Livvy when Ellie stopped what she was doing and yelled "Hey, GO...don't touch my sister! That is MY baby sister!" It was too cute how she took up for her! I'm sure it is the first of many stories to come of Ellie looking out for Livvy.:)

3 comments:

  1. She's so cute!! I love it...forty days. :) And she's such a good BIG sister!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it awesome that she knows the presence of God? And she is just 2!

    ReplyDelete